This 2×5 cm sensor’s internal components are protected by a unique Teflon™* screen that prevents dust and liquid from fouling the sensor, while still alowing water vapor to flow through. We recommend using our “beehive” radiation shield to protect the sensor from light, which can heat the sensor, skewing the air temperature and humidity readings. The VP-4 is a useful addition to a weather station to allow for evapotranspiration modeling and more.
*Teflon is a registered trademark of The Chemours Company
- DIMENSIONS 1.96 cm x 5.4 cm
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE -40 °C to 80 °C
- CABLE LENGTH 5 m standard cable length; custom lengths available upon request
- RANGE 0-100% RH; -40 °C to 80 °C; 0-47 kPa (VP); 49-109 kPa (BP)
- ACCURACY See section 2.1 of the manual for RH, temperature, and vapor pressure; .4 kPa for barometric pressure
- RESOLUTION 0.1 °C; .01 kPa (VP and BP)