Out-of-the-box these sensors have an accuracy of ±3%, but can be honed in even further with a custom calibration. It is important to note that the optimal soil moisture levels for plant growth and performance will vary across soils and substrates.
- Volumetric Water Content (VWC): ± 3% in typical mineral soils with solution electrical conductivity < 10 dS/m; soil or substrate specific calibration ± 1 – 2%;
- Electrical Conductivity (EC): ± 5% from 0 to 5 dS/m, ± 10% from 5-23 dS/M;
- Temperature: ± 1°C Note: Temperature measurement may not be accurate if sensor is not fully immersed in the medium of interest, due to excessively long equilibration time.
- 0.2% VWC from 0 to 40% VWC; 0.1% VWC > 40% VWC
- Temperature: 0.1°C
- EC: 0.001 dS/m from 0 to 23 dS/m
- SENSOR DIMENSIONS 9.3 cm x 2.4 cm x 6.5 cm