With the additional water level, temperature and depth sensor for the drain gauge it is easy to measure cumulative drainage over time. Without the sensor only manual measurements can be made, which can be time-consuming and time-intensive.
The AutoPump, if paired with the drain gauge depth sensor, allows for the automatic drainage of the drain gauge’s reservoir once the reservoir reaches a certain level. If the reservoir becomes too full and exceeds its 61mm drainage capacity, then the pooled water will reach the wick. If this occurs then capillary-rise can occur and water in the reservoir can rise up the wick and soil column and be removed from the sample.
- DIMENSIONS 147 cm X Ø 25.4 cm (ID) ; DCT length: 63.5 cm; Reservoir 81.3 cm x Ø 11.5 cm
Access Tube 180 cm x 6.0 cm (2″ schedule 40 PVC); Sample Evacuation Tube: Ø 1.27 cm (OD) X Ø 0.79 cm (ID) X 3 m length; Custom lengths available for tubing. Mass: 20 kg (Stainless DCT), 14 kg (PVC DCT)
- RANGE Drainage: 0-61 mm bottom of wick and 61-100 mm top of reservoir chamber; Water Depth: 0 to 3.5 m; Electrical Conductivity: 0 to 120 dS/m; Temperature: -11 to 49°C
- RESOLUTION Drainage: 0.2 mm; Water Depth: 0.5 mm; Electrical Conductivity: 0.001 dS/m; Temperature: 0.1°C
- ACCURACY Drainage: +1.4 mm; Water Depth: +0.1 % of full scale @ 20 °C; Electrical Conductivity: +0.01 dS/m or + 10 % (whichever is greater); Temperature: +1°C
- SUCTION AT INTAKE 110 cm (11 kPa)
- SOLUTION COLLECTION CAPACITY 3.1 L (6.1 cm of drainage) to bottom of wick. Additional 5.1 L (10 cm of drainage) of reserve capacity in wick chamber
- MATERIALS DCT: PVC (inert) or 11 gauge 304 Stainless Steel; Wick: dry fired fiberglass; Root Inhibitor: Treflan (BioBarrierTM), removable; Sample Evacuation Tube: Polyethylene; Hydraulic Bridge Material: Diatomaceous Earth (DE); All Other Parts: PVC
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE 0 to 50°C (depth sensor cannot be allowed to freeze while submersed)